Categories
Uncategorised

Summer plan

After a series of basic reading, I began to look at the stakeholders of this project, mainly including potential pet owners who interested in pets, pet adoption agencies, pet abandoners, and the connection between pet adoption agencies and pet owners

After analysing stakeholders, I will launch a series of interactions to promote my research solutions.

However, during the conversation with Diana, I realized a mistake in my topic selection I chose pet abandonment as my research target because I was attracted by the rise of pet abandonment rate during the epidemic on BBC I should have set the time background of my research as the epidemic period.

BBC news about the increasing pet abandonment rate during epidemic

However, for most countries in the world, the epidemic has became a past event. I should pay more attention to the future development trend. In April, I also set the target group as people who living alone, that is, sojourners. Now I will narrow the scope I hope to solve the problem of pet abandonment for adults who studying and working abroad, especially overseas students. Although the target population is a large group in which I also live, which may lead to a high sample repetition rate, according to my follow-up research, the incidence of pet abandonment is high among overseas students It is because there are foreign students around me that I can feel the problem in more detail and try to change it

My initial plan is to collect stories about pet abandonment, conduct a basic questionnaire survey on pet abandonment, and interview and discuss with professional pet adoption agencies.

What l have done:

1. Change my topic into “how to reduce the pet abandonment rate of people who living alone away from home”
  2. Setting up the target audience group: 16-40 years old people who study abroad or work away from home.
  3. Choose my intervention includes the methodology and stakeholders.