Categories
Uncategorised

The challenge

The questionnaire and interview include qualitative and quantitative methods, and there will be literature sorting and research in the whole process of the study. When I think of the rudiment of the solution to solve the abandonment rate, I will contact the managers of RSPCA and Facebook adoption group again to test the application or other further solutions to ensure its practicability in the future. There is no such kind a prefect way or intervention for my project but all different methodologies make the project more complete. In the future there will be more and more methods, attempts and even failures but there will also be a greater possibility to solve the pet abandonment problem .

However, in addition to the imperfection of the method, there are still many problems found in the process of research. The first is the type of solution.

At first, I thought of shooting a documentary about pet owners, people who abandoned their pets, potential pet owners who wanted pets and adoption agencies. However, I am not a professional director and the participants I am looking for cannot fully express their views At the first stage, I was still at a loss. At present, my initial idea is to make a small software for foreign students and migrant workers These include self-evaluation before raising pets, popularization of pet protection law, recommendation of pet insurance and cooperation with adoption agencies
Diana also gave me a wonderful suggestion to contact the student union for cooperation. For those students who study abroad and have no fixed long-term residence, they are still advised not to keep pets. It is obvious that the suggestion should be improved again. These are only preliminary ideas.

Finally, even if there is a certain solution, I realize that the problem of pet abandonment cannot be fundamentally solved. What I can do is to reduce or prevent the problem of pet abandonment to a certain extent and come up with a way to deal with the aftermath Even if some pets are abandoned by their owners, there are ways to give them a better living environment